Friday, July 29, 2016

KISSES AND DISSES : SUMMER TIME HEAT + POKEMON GO

This past weekend was mine and Omar's 6 month anniversary (yes, we are those people) and he surprised me by coming out for a weekend visit.  Even though his presence was a gift in itself, he also brought along a bottle of wine - my kind of man - and gifted me a real rose that has been preserved in real gold.  I felt bad I had nothing to give him in return (his card was sitting in the mailbox back at home) but he assured me it was fine and and told me as long as we were together, that's all he'd need.

Being the couple we are, we spent the following day walking around town catching Pokemon - we had downloaded it earlier that morning after breakfast just to try it out and now we are totally  addicted!  It brought back childhood memories of trading Pokemon cards on the playground and relishing in your new found stash.  I never thought I'd be the person to go out and play this game on my own, but I am surprised at how much it has gotten me out of the house...I have to beat Omar before he comes back tonight ;)

This leads me to another instalment of Kisses + Disses...


This week's disses go to:
*This heat.  Y'all, I'm all for summer sunshine, but I think I've grown too accustomed to living on the west coast where the summers are much more mild.  It's like living in a desert!
*Chipped nail polish.  Need I say more?
*1 ply toilet paper...it's 2016 people!

This weeks kisses go to:
*Omar.  Even though, really, he deserves this everyday of the year.
*My new iPhone.  I've recently upgraded my phone from the dinosaur iPhone 4s.  AND even better, it's rose gold!
*Pokemon Go.  I know there is a very two-sided debate over this game, but any 90's kid should know the excitement of finally being able to catch your own Sandshrew...like, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment