Monday, April 6, 2015

A CAMERA AND A DREAM

Remember a while back in this post when I talked about having some very exciting news to share within the next couple of months?  Well, friends, that time is here!  And I am beyond excited to finally share this very exciting news with all of you!!

Back in January, I began networking with photogs around the island and within the Greater Vancouver area - which is so very important, and often overlooked by many.  To be honest, it felt a little weird at first - emailing people I don't know at all, asking to hang out because we all like taking pictures - but I was greeted back with so much love it made me wonder why I hadn't thought to do it sooner.  It has opened the door to so many new opportunities and experiences that I know will only grow myself and my business to places I'd only ever dreamed.


Through my networking process (which is on-going) I stumbled upon Wren and Rook Photography; owned by the most lovely girl, Adina.  Once I navigated my way through her website, I knew we just HAD to be friends!  Instantly we had a connection and set up a Skype meeting for the following week so we could talk face to face.  And it was there where the most amazing thing happened.  She offered me the opportunity to second shoot/assist  with all her weddings this year, and of course, I graciously accepted.  Our first wedding together is this, YES THIS Thursday and I seriously cannot wait for these next few days to pass by!!




Although it has been a few months since then, I am still in a state of shock that all this is happening.  I am at a loss for words and I cannot tell you how excited I am for this wedding season to pass my way.  And Adina, I know I've said it before, but I seriously cannot thank you enough for all that you've done for me.  I was just a girl with a camera and a dream and you gave that girl a chance.  I promise I will not let you down.


Now, let's make that girls dream become reality, one picture at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment