Friday, January 2, 2015

SETTING GOALS AND THE START OF 2015

It's the second day into the New Year and we're experiencing our first snowfall this winter.  Not impresssed.  I'm not sure about you all, but it seems cold weather is the bane of my existance.  Bring me somewhere warm and you have a happy Jubes*.

* They call me Jubes, like the candy.  It's been my nickname since I was eight.  Cute, riiight?

With the begining of the New Year, I found myself reflecting on this past year-the good and the bad.  What worked and what didn't.  What can I change this year to make 2015 exceptionally superior to the last.  It's the dreaded New Years Resolution, and yes, we all do it.  I was a little hesitant to post this here on my blog, but I need  to be held accountable in some way, shape or form, so I thought I'd share mine with you in hopes that you do the same and strive to make 2015 the best it can possibly be.  You are never to old to set another goal or dream a new dream.  Here it goes.



So I decided to separate my goals into two separate catergories: business and personal.  These are the main things I wanted to focus on this year, and it just makes it easier for my brain to think when I separate them into categories.  Alright, let's get down to it!

Business:
*Read at least five business books
*365 Photo Challenge
*Second shoot 5 weddings
*Shoot first wedding on my own as first photographer
*Attend a photography workshop
*Launch new website and blog

There are a couple other things, but they're boring sauce, so I will leave you with those six for now.  On to the second half...

Personal:
*Read more (my reading this past year was slacking to say the least)
*Develop a daily routine that works
*Learn to accept failure and be ok with it
*Stop comparing myself to others
*Take up yoga again
*Buy less, choose well

So there you have it.  My goals for 2015, and I am challenging YOU to do the same.  What is it you want to do this year?  Who do you want to be?  Where do you want to go?  Love what you see in the mirror.  Make time for creativity.  Never say no to adventure.  Eat more green food.  Send snail mail.  Send handwritten thank-yous.  Give out too many comliments.  Travel.  Be kind to strangers.  Take a cooking class.  Learn from others.  Know what you want - clarity is power - and know that vague goals promote vague results.  Strive for progress, not perfection;  you're worth it.

Happy 2015, and a cheers to a happier YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment